By Leilani Monterde, Student Ambassador, Mi Voto, Mi Futuro Campaign
In light of the pandemic, many people are looking for safe, socially-distanced methods of voting. While there will be social-distancing protocols occurring on Election Day, early voting is another reliable way to cast your ballot. Early voting in Florida is open from October 19th through November 1st. It’s also a great option for those who are very busy; all you need is to find some time on any one of these days to vote.
To vote early, you don’t have to go to a designated polling location, like on Election Day, but rather there are various early voting sites in your county that you can choose from. All early voting locations in Manatee and Sarasota counties are open from 8:30am to 6:30pm. Specific location information for each county is listed below.
These are the Early Voting Sites for Manatee County residents, along with their addresses:
- Supervisor of Elections Office: 600 301 Blvd. W. #108, Bradenton
- Palmetto Library: 923 6th St W, Palmetto
- Rocky Bluff Library: 6750 U.S. Hwy 301, Ellenton
- Lakewood Ranch Town Hall: 8175 Lakewood Ranch Blvd., Lakewood Ranch
- Manatee County Utilities Administrative Offices: 4410 66th St. W., Bradenton
- FL Department of Transportation Operation Center (FDOT): 14000 SR 64 E., Bradenton
*For more information regarding early voting in Manatee County visit this Supervisor of Elections Office website here.
These are the Early Voting Sites for Sarasota County residents:
- Supervisor of Elections Office in Sarasota: Terrace Building, 2001 Adams Lane, Sarasota
- Supervisor of Elections Office in North Port: Biscayne Plaza, 13640 Tamiami Trail, North Port
- Supervisor of Elections Office in Venice: RL Anderson Building, 4000 Tamiami Trail S., Venice
- Sarasota Square Mall: 8201 S Tamiami Trail, Sarasota
- North Sarasota Library: 28091 Newtown Blvd, Sarasota
- Fruitville Library: 100 Apex Rd, Sarasota
- Shannon Staub Library: 4675 Career Lane, North Port
- Bee Ridge Park: 4430 S Lockwood Ridge Rd, Sarasota
*For more information regarding early voting in Sarasota County visit this Supervisor of Elections Office website here.
If you requested a Vote by Mail (VBM) ballot from your Supervisor of Elections, you can also drop off your completed ballot (with your signature and date in the designated sections of the envelope) at any of these locations during early voting. If you are mailing in your VBM ballot, remember to place TWO stamps on the envelope.
Pick the place and time that works for you, and make sure that you bring a current ID that includes a photo of yourself and your signature. Then you’ll be all set to vote!
Stay safe and remember: make your voice heard. This election season, vote!
For more information regarding the voting process visit our campaign page here.